Dr Jarrod Lee is a specialist in Gastroenterology, with a subspecialty interest in Advanced Endoscopy. He obtained his basic medical degree from the National University of Singapore in 1998. He underwent specialist training in Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and attained specialist accreditation in 2009, after which he underwent further subspecialty training in Advanced Endoscopy. In 2010, he was invited to set up a Gastroenterology Service for the then newly opened Khoo Teck Puat Hospital where he established the Endoscopy Centre and Division of Gastroenterology. He entered the private sector in 2013 and built a successful solo practice in Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. In 2014, he founded gutCARE, a group practice in Gastroenterology. Under his leadership, gutCARE has grown into an established and award-winning group practice with 6 clinics in private hospitals, and subspecialists spanning the breath of Gastroenterology.
Dr Lee is a respected gastroenterologist and well-recognized endoscopist in the region, where he is one of a handful of doctors conferred the international title of FASGE in endoscopy. He has established himself in Advanced Endoscopy and complex endoscopic cases. He is also well recognized for General Endoscopy, from which he is able to integrate enhanced imaging and advanced interventional techniques. He is one of a few doctors in Asia to win the coveted ASGE AV Award for endoscopy. In 2011, an international expert panel selected his submission over 100 submissions from 17 countries to win the prestigious international award. His technique for endoscopic ultrasound was included in the ASGE Learning Library, which serves as an international reference standard for endoscopy. He is one of the few doctors in Singapore recognized as a ‘Key Opinion Leader’ by the industry leaders in endoscopy and is invited to evaluate new endoscopic technologies in Singapore. He reviews for the top endoscopy journals in the world and consults for the major companies in the endoscopy industry.
- Dr Lee was awarded the prestigious title of FASGE (Fellow of the ASGE or American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) in 2020, and is one of a handful of doctors in Southeast Asia with this recognition in endoscopy.
- Dr Lee won the coveted ASGE AV Award and Crystal Award in 2011, and is one of the few doctors in Asia with these awards. An international expert panel selected his submission over 100 submissions from 17 countries to win this international award. His technique for endoscopic ultrasound was included in the ASGE Learning Library, which serves as an international reference standard for endoscopy.
- While in the public sector, Dr Lee won the Hospital Service Champion award for consecutive years as a consultant.
- Dr Lee is a reviewer for the top endoscopic journals in the world. He has authored or co-authored over 25 published abstracts or articles in academic journals.
- Dr Lee is regularly invited as faculty in endoscopic workshops and conferences both locally and regionally. He lectures and performs demonstrations extensively, especially in his subspecialty interests of advanced endoscopy, digestive cancers and pancreatobiliary disorders.
- Dr Lee teaches at the Advanced Nursing Diploma for Endoscopy in Ngee Ann Polytechnic, where he has been lecturing since the inaugural course.
- While he was in the public sector, Dr Lee was active in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, and was a clinical lecturer with the National University of Singapore from 2004 to 2013.